Wonder Woman: Warbringer - Leigh Bardugo

I loved Bardugo's take on Wonder Woman. The theme of this story is friendship and loyalty so there was very little romance, which I didn't mind at all. The characters were incredibly likeable, and Bardugo's humor is always perfection.

Being a fan of the new Wonder Woman movie, I have to confess, I kept hearing Gal Gadot's accent as I read the book. This story is, of course, entirely different than the movie. Diana rescues a young lady named Alia. Risking exile from her home, Diana is determined to save Alia, who is a Warbringer, a descendant of Helen of Troy, and holds the power to bring about massive wars and destruction.

I was curious to see how Bardugo would handle writing such a kind, compassionate, honorable character when she is so exquisitely good at creating shady, morally grey characters as those from her Six of Crows series. She did an amazing job with Diana, and I absolutely adored Alia and her best friend, Nim. I loved their friendship, strength, intelligence and humor.

From what I understand, there was only one Wonder Woman book planned, but the ending teases that there is definitely more to Diana's story, and I would be absolutely thrilled to see Bardugo bring us more Wonder Woman!